Day Six - Chicago
Last night the karma bug continued. A woke up sick in the middle of the night. I was worried that it would continue throughout the day and we'd have to stay put, but she woke up fine. I guess the Chicago pizza didn't agree with her.
We started the day on the Chicago El train and made our way to Millennium Park. I didn't realize that Lalapolooza was happening today in the same area. There were a ton of people in glitter and fanny packs... I'm old I guess!
We took the train again and headed to the South Side and watched the White Sox beat the Royals. It was a gorgeous day and we may have made tv twice. Phillips made an amazing outfield assist from centre field to make an out at home. And Jose Abreu hit a homerun right beside where we were sitting. The ball was there, right beside us when a staffer came out to collect it. I guess the kids didn't have their cute faces on right, because he picked it up and went into the clubhouse with it. He didn't share it at all. Spoil sport!
We went on the train a third time (we're getting good at this!) and headed to the Navy Pier. The children's museum is free Thursdays from 5-8pm so it was a great excuse to see it. It was awesome! More geared towards the 8 and under crowd (A was a little bored) but the price was right! It was like Kidtropolis and the Science Centre all in one place.
We started the day on the Chicago El train and made our way to Millennium Park. I didn't realize that Lalapolooza was happening today in the same area. There were a ton of people in glitter and fanny packs... I'm old I guess!
A's name is all over this town!
We took the train again and headed to the South Side and watched the White Sox beat the Royals. It was a gorgeous day and we may have made tv twice. Phillips made an amazing outfield assist from centre field to make an out at home. And Jose Abreu hit a homerun right beside where we were sitting. The ball was there, right beside us when a staffer came out to collect it. I guess the kids didn't have their cute faces on right, because he picked it up and went into the clubhouse with it. He didn't share it at all. Spoil sport!
We went on the train a third time (we're getting good at this!) and headed to the Navy Pier. The children's museum is free Thursdays from 5-8pm so it was a great excuse to see it. It was awesome! More geared towards the 8 and under crowd (A was a little bored) but the price was right! It was like Kidtropolis and the Science Centre all in one place.
At the end of the night, we decided not to take the train back. There were protestors set up around Wrigleyville and we thought it would be safer to not walk through them. We took a Lyft home and are settled in for the evening. Hopefully an evening full of sleep and no puke!!




Comments
Post a Comment