Day Fourteen - Toronto
TWO WEEKS! We have survived two weeks!!
This morning T and the kids took a tour of Rogers Centre while I stayed back and did laundry before our stretch home. This is the last location with laundry facilities (that I know of) and I wanted to have everything fresh and repacked. It was actually kind of nice to have some alone time!!
They really enjoyed the tour. As always, A absorbed everything like a sponge so tonight, during the game, she pointed things out and filled me in on what I had missed.
Unfortunately, they had access to the visitors dugout... they left all their luck there!! The Jays lost 7-0 tonight. They came across a really good pitcher, who was throwing a perfect game into the 6th, but was pulled due to pitch count. He's one to watch in the future, though.
Between lunch and the game, the kids decided to head to the Jays shop to use some of their spending money. M bought a Smoak jersey. He has a thing for first basemen, I guess... A bought some baseball shoes. She had seen them earlier and hadn't stopped talking about them. They are super cute.
We got to the game extra early to watch batting practice. One of the Rays threw a ball to M. He was so excited. During the game, we were talking to some fans from Philly and New York. They came up for the weekend. The guy from Philly told A that if he caught a ball, he'd give it to her. Unfortunately, there were none in our direction, but he bought one for her anyway. We have been meeting nice people everywhere. Lots of people ask about our sign. Most of the time they say something like, "We've always wanted to do that." It is super cool that we are able to do this. And we still have 5 games and Cooperstown left!
After the game M and I headed back to the condo for sleep. A and T headed up the CN Tower. M wasn't all that interested... he doesn't like heights much. And I have done it before so decided to save the $40! Yikes! They still aren't back yet, so they must be having fun!!
Tonight is our last night in Canada until we get home. We are hoping to hit the road after the morning rush hour has finished, if it actually ever finishes...
This morning T and the kids took a tour of Rogers Centre while I stayed back and did laundry before our stretch home. This is the last location with laundry facilities (that I know of) and I wanted to have everything fresh and repacked. It was actually kind of nice to have some alone time!!
They really enjoyed the tour. As always, A absorbed everything like a sponge so tonight, during the game, she pointed things out and filled me in on what I had missed.
Unfortunately, they had access to the visitors dugout... they left all their luck there!! The Jays lost 7-0 tonight. They came across a really good pitcher, who was throwing a perfect game into the 6th, but was pulled due to pitch count. He's one to watch in the future, though.
Between lunch and the game, the kids decided to head to the Jays shop to use some of their spending money. M bought a Smoak jersey. He has a thing for first basemen, I guess... A bought some baseball shoes. She had seen them earlier and hadn't stopped talking about them. They are super cute.
We got to the game extra early to watch batting practice. One of the Rays threw a ball to M. He was so excited. During the game, we were talking to some fans from Philly and New York. They came up for the weekend. The guy from Philly told A that if he caught a ball, he'd give it to her. Unfortunately, there were none in our direction, but he bought one for her anyway. We have been meeting nice people everywhere. Lots of people ask about our sign. Most of the time they say something like, "We've always wanted to do that." It is super cool that we are able to do this. And we still have 5 games and Cooperstown left!
After the game M and I headed back to the condo for sleep. A and T headed up the CN Tower. M wasn't all that interested... he doesn't like heights much. And I have done it before so decided to save the $40! Yikes! They still aren't back yet, so they must be having fun!!
Tonight is our last night in Canada until we get home. We are hoping to hit the road after the morning rush hour has finished, if it actually ever finishes...


Comments
Post a Comment