Day Fifteen - Toronto to Cooperstown

We made it to the finish line!!  We’re here!!  Yay!!  Bucket list item checked off the list!!

This day was mostly driving. We left Toronto later on purpose to try and avoid the weekend crowd on the QEW. It didn’t work. But we did get through. Just before the border crossing, we stopped for lunch and alas, the only place to eat was the place we vowed not to eat at this year... McDonalds. The kids had zero issues giving up and 8 month runnof not eating at McDs. My stomach is currently reminding me why we don’t eat there. Blech.

The border cross was easy again. I don’t know why I was so worried. That guy they call president seemed to make me believe we wouldn’t be allowed into the States.

We made it into Cooperstown and had dinner and walked Main Street for a bit. There are amazing shops filled with things we’d never get at home. I did not budget enough for this stop (and I budgeted a lot!). M found a Giants jacket. It’s size 10-12 and he’s barely an 8. A wants to buy a Rockford Peaches jersey and probably would have if it was Dottie or Mae’s and not Jimmy Dugan... :)

We are very excited to get into the museum tomorrow. It’s open 9-9 so we know we’ll be spending the whole day there. I found a bakery on Main Street so I’ll be sure to grab a cupcake for T’s Birthday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Five - Minneapolis to Chicago

Day Nine - Cleveland

Day Eleven - Niagara Falls