11 Days

It’s getting real lol!

I started packing (against T’s last minute ways). I used my PC points and bought us all new toothbrushes...  I know, the big things matter the most!

M received 4 vouchers for the Edmonton Prospects game of his choice as a birthday present and we used them on Sunday for their afternoon game. Let me tell you, if this was a practice round, we are going to fail miserably!!  It was SO HOT!  Like 32 degrees in the stadium with zero shade. After the first inning, M took off the shirt under his jersey and we soaked it with water to cool off. We all needed breaks on the concourse to cool down. Mom and Dad broke down and bought cold beer because it sounded so good!  The kids got freezies!  To make things worse, it was the longest game ever!!  The home team won 16-2, scoring runs in almost every inning. We ended up leaving before the game ended because we couldn’t do it.  Baseball fan fail. At least I know what to pack in the game day bag to stay cool :).  Here I was, worried about the driving time and we can’t even make it through a game. To be fair, there wasn’t a lot keeping our attention during the game and I know MLB teams make things more exciting!  Also, most of the games we are going to are night games, so hopefully cooler!!

So know I’m being super picky. Hoping for no rain and no heat...  I know, I can’t make up my mind!  Is it too much to ask for warm, overcast days?!?  

-E



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Five - Minneapolis to Chicago

Day Nine - Cleveland

Day Eleven - Niagara Falls