317 Days

I have never had an urge to blog.  I love to write, but the old fashioned way with a pen and paper... but I have decided that the best way to keep the memories of this trip alive forever, would be with a blog.
Three years ago, T and I started talking about being able to see all 30 MLB stadiums "one day".  We have each been to a couple, but the kids have never even been to a major league game.  Living a good 2-3 day drive from any stadium makes it a little tricky to make happen...  We decided the best way to start would be through the midwest as that is where most of the teams play.  And then over the years, we would finish with the rest.


The thought was to do it in 2016. when Greg Maddux got inducted into the hall of fame.  But financially, it didn't work out.  Then we thought this past summer would work, but when I plugged the destinations into the MLB schedule, we'd only catch 5 home games making it a little pricey for not much bang.  The MLB released their 2018 schedule two days ago and I just played around a bit.  We could go from July 29-August 21, 2018 and see 11 games in 10 stadiums!  PLUS we'd end up at the hall of fame on T's birthday!  PLUS we would see M's Giants in Cincinnati!!  How crazy is that????
I have 317 Days to make this work.  I need to save money, book hotel rooms, buy baseball tickets, pack, plan, etc.  I'm hoping this blog will keep things in check.  I'm also hoping this will be a good way to reflect on the actual trip as it is happening.  It's going to go by so fast, I really want the memories to last.  Also, I hope the kids are able to add to it with their own posts and memories...
If it works out this summer, we are able to check off Minneapolis, Chicago (both teams), Cleveland, Toronto (Go Jays!), Philadelphia, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, and St Louis.  While A isn't a huge baseball fan, she is excited to see the world other than Disney and boring old Alberta...  She is looking forward to seeing Niagra Falls and Marineland!
Wish me luck!!
-E


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Five - Minneapolis to Chicago

Day Nine - Cleveland

Day Eleven - Niagara Falls